Tokoin is a platform that establishes digital business identity and reputation of MSME as an acceptable credibility scoring for suppliers and financial institutions.
Face the real market. Tokoin provide a platform to build valuable partnership which will bring you into the engaging ecosystem consists of collectible business profiles profitable for business expansion.
Problems & Solutions
Unavailability of Data: Leveraging data has become an important part of modern business. Unfortunately, many MSMEs are still behind the curve when it comes to understanding the data they have and how the data can help them in decision-making. In the case of some MSMEs, this comes out as no surprise. Businesses like local restaurants and hair salons are largely offline and/or lack systems to collect data. Even when data are available, these are often siloed by the stakeholders in the industry. Nothing is shared, so there is no tangible benefit to the industry. In other cases, data are collected but not utilized due to a lack of data science expertise. Big Data, as they are popularly known, have become dominated by the largest corporations which have the resources to collect, store, and process a vast amount of diverse data.
High Barriers to Funding: Despite the huge number of MSMEs, the system of national licensing remains complex for the MSMEs to get authorization, and more than half of the operating MSMEs are enduring in the micro, informal sectors. As micro enterprises, many of them have to resort to individual funding when establishing their business. While MSMEs are, in fact, the dominant form of business entities, they start their business with a quite small funding and operate with limited facilities.
Scaling Up in the Emerging Markets: Most MSMEs do not produce enough to take advantage of the economies of scale. They also have low order volume, which means that they hold little leverage with suppliers and do no receive volume discounts. This results in higher production and transaction costs compared to large enterprises. Also, unlike corporations who have whole departments dedicated to procurement and finance, MSMEs have fewer resources to search for better suppliers or appropriate financing. International expansion is similarly problematic. Large corporations can tap into rich global networks and leverage their low production costs to offer competitive products in any market they enter. MSMEs, on the other hand, lack these valuable networks and often struggle to compete in new markets.
The Absence of Reputation: Given those problems, MSMEs often feel trapped in a cycle of high costs, minimal financial support, and tough competition. At the root of this cycle is a lack of trust. Suppliers do not trust them, banks do not trust them, and, ultimately, customers do not trust them. What is missing is a way for MSMEs to build a reputation that engenders trust and opens up access to a wide variety of services that promote growth.
Solutions of Tokoin
Establishment of Business Profiles: Tokoin platform gives MSMEs the opportunity to establish a reputation profile that helps them build trust from banks, suppliers, and other service providers. It is a solution that levels up the playing field so that MSMEs can get access to services that were previously unavailable. MSMEs which, for example, struggle to secure loans will now have a solution that allows them to approach banks with confidence. Service providers, in turn, will be given access to the reputation profiles of a diverse network of trusted MSMEs. They will be able to check these MSMEs’ reputation data at the tap of a button to help them make more timely and informed decisions. Additionally, with the revenue generated from data requests going directly to the MSMEs, it will be a win-win solution for both sides.
Provision of Access to Funding: One of the main barriers that most MSMEs face to survive in today’s economy is funding, while it is actually the power source for MSMEs to enable better productivity and answer the call for business expansion. Apparently, there are several terms and conditions set by the banks which MSMEs, in most cases, are not able to fulfill. One of them is credibility. MSMEs with lack of business profiles have been neglected in the emerging markets. To illustrate, start-ups are one of the business sectors that sprout recently in the society, and most of them were established just recently. Thus, they commonly have less than 5 years of operation and experience.
Scaling Up through Access to Expansion Opportunities: Through a blockchain network, information data containing business transactions can be verified in the ecosystem. Tokoin utilizes data recorded in the blockchain network as a valid metric for building a business reputation. In other words, this reputation will be built based on a client’s buying behavior in trading activities, and this information will become an important part of the client’s profile. With this mindset, Tokoin is able to transform an accurate record of data into a valuable asset that MSMEs can use as a leverage to make up for their lack of conditions that can satisfy lending requirements, such as credibility scoring. This will let MSMEs as users get access to the financial services needed to achieve business growth.
Features & Highlights
Lending Marketplace: Tokoin can become a matchmaker between MSMEs that need funds and Banks which will give Lending Solutions.
Crowdlending (Debt Crowdfunding): Crowdlending works in almost the same way as Lending Marketplace Solution, except that the source of fund will come from multiple Investors.
Cross-merchant Loyalty Program: An MSME company (as a merchant) can give rewards to other companies (as customers) on Tokoin’s ecosystem in the form of movable digital assets called TOKO Points. TOKO Points can be used to redeem discount vouchers for not only the issuing Merchant but also other Merchants on the ecosystem.
Product Survey/Voting: Brands as Tokoin Partners can conduct product surveys by broadcasting product questionnaires on Tokoin’s ecosystem. The blockchain will ensure the authenticity of each participant to avoid the same participant filling in more than once (double voting) by applying a Unique Private Key for each participant.
Invoice-based Financing: This solution will help MSMEs when experiencing late payments from customers and smoothen their business cash flow. MSMEs can use unpaid invoices as collaterals to get funds. This feature will involve at least three parties: Invoice Issuer (MSMEs that need funds), Invoice Payer (Buyer), and Bank/Creditor.
Installment Buying: This solution facilitates MSMEs who need to buy products/services but have limited funds at that time. Based on a history of trading activities (also recorded on the blockchain) as a basis for evaluating the reputation of MSMEs, Merchants on the ecosystem can provide installments that are more flexible than a one-time payment in advance.
Group Buying: Also known as collective buying, this solution offers products and services at significantly reduced prices by applying quantity discount under the condition that a minimum number of buyers would make the purchase. This only applies to buyers and sellers who have joined Tokoin’s ecosystem.
Token Sale & Economics
- Project website: https://www.tokoin.io/
- Project whitepaper: https://www.tokoin.io/whitepaper/Whitepaper.pdf?id=05f5c9d62d22ae24ea82
- Token sale start time: 23 Aug 2019
- Ticker: TOKO
- Token type: ERC-20
- Total hard cap: $25,000,000
- Total supply: 2,000,000,000 TOKO
- Initial circulating supply: 1.69 % of total supply
- Public sale token price: 1 TOKO = $0.054
Token Utility & Use Cases
TOKOIN Tokens are based on ERC-20, distributed on the Ethereum and are meant to be used for transactions at the exchange.
Roadmap & Updates
- Q4 2018
- Selling Tokoin Tokens through Private Sales and Pre-Sales
- Development & distribution of Tokoin Wallet
- Q1 2019
- Grand Launching of Tokoin
- Selling Tokoin Tokens through crowd sales
- Q2 2019
- On-board Blockchain Advisor for Tokoin’s ecosystem
- Launching of POC on TestNet
- Q3 2019
- On-board Warehousing Partners for Tokoin’s ecosystem
- On-board Financial Partners for Tokoin’s ecosystem
- Expansion of local operations to 10 tier-one cities in Indonesia
- Q4 2019
- Launching of Data Reputation engine
- Launching of Data Visualization platform
- Launching of Partner Suite platform
- On-board 50,000 users on Tokoin’s ecosystem
- Q1 2020
- Launching of dApps on MainNet
- Launching of Tokoin POS system
- Launching of Data Exchange platform for Token stacking and loyalty program
- Expansion of local operations to all capital cities in Indonesia
- On-board 10,000 users in Tokoin’s POS system
- Q2 2020
- Launching of Tokoin’s POS System
- Expansion of pilot hyper-local operations to Thailand
- On-board 1000 users on Tokoin’s ecosystem in the regional hyper-local market
- Development of AI Solutions for Tokoin to scale up Operations
- Q3 2020
- Expansion of hyper-local operations to Vietnam and the Philippines
- On-board 500,000 users on Tokoin’s ecosystem in the Indonesian market
- Expansion of local operations to 10 top tier-one cities in Indonesia
- On-board 50,000 users on Tokoin’s ecosystem
- Q4 2020
- Deployment of AI as part of Business Intelligence Capabilities
- Introduction of Forecast & Prediction platform into Tokoin’s ecosystem
- Q1 2021
- Integration of AI solutions for Financing and Logistics partners
- Q2 2021
- Expansion of hyper-local operations to other potential emerging markets
- On-board 10,000 users on Tokoin’s hyper-local ecosystem
- Reiner Rahardja, Co-Founder & CEO
- Indonesia’s Top 2 successful young entrepreneurs under 40
- Accelerating Indonesia’s economy in various MSME development using his non-profit organization, The Accelerator
- Has diversified portfolio in some of Indonesia’s major industries
- His holding group consist of multi industries portfolio, eg: Andesite Mining, General Trading, Fishery and Maritime, Corporate merchandising, Retail Product, Agribusiness
- Welly Salim, CTO
- Experienced Tech Leader with 15+ years of experience
- Ex VP of Engineering and Operation of Booster.com, acquired by Customink
- Ex Iteration Manager of MYOB
- Ex Tech lead of mig33.com, helping to get them public listed in ASX
- Founder of early social network in SE Asia (Emeimei.com, friendx.com, ekawan.com), acquired by NX, listed in MYX
- University of Strathclyde (MBA in Strategic Management)
- Eddy Christian Ng, COO
- Co-Founder of livaza.com
- 10+ years experience in Business development and Banking
- Niko Tanadi, Project Manager
- 10 years of experience in Technology Consulting
- An expert in Blockchain investment
- Adi Darda Gaudiamo, Head of Creative
- 23 years of experience in content and creative field
- Former Head of Creative in Ralali.com
- Ignasius Michael, Generalist Manager
- 3 years of experience in Stock and Futures Market
- Former Finance Specialist in Ralali.com
- Oktafia Putri, Community Manager
- 4 years of experience in international relations & event management system fields
- Former Operations Manager at PouchNATION Indonesia
- Mutia Anisa, Graphic Designer
- 2 years of experience in graphic designing
- Former Design & Branding Executive at Mobilkamu.com
- Syifa Mutiara Putri, Event Coordinator
- 3 years of experience in live event industries
- Former Business Executive at ST22 Consulting
- Stephanus Andreas, Operations Executive
- Bachelor of Accounting, Kwik Kian Gie School of Business
- Operational and Finance at Tokoin
- Dahlan Iskan, Advisor
- One of Indonesia's top 100 Forbes' list enterpreneurs
- Indonesia' media mogul, founder and former CEO of Jawa Pos Group
- Former Minister of the country's state-owned Enterprises (BUMN)
- Tiago Alves, Advisor
- VP Asia Pacific at Aptoide
- 12 Years at Portugal Telecom
- Richard Yoon, Advisor
- Senior Financial Analyst, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- CFO of Exio Communications., Inc
- HongZhuang Lim, Project Consultant
- CEO of ShuttleOne Pte Ltd
- Former Managing Director of Pac-FungAgora Pte Ltd
- Suyong Park, Project Consultant
- CEO of Block Crafters Co., Ltd.
Block Crafters Capital - Block Crafters Capital is a professional group of experts in the field of blockchain, start-ups, and finance. This group is our bridge to reach the largest possibilities and opportunities in the crypto-currencies world.
Refereum - Known as a blockchain-based platform that aims to reward influencers (such as streamers, youtubers) who help advertise video games, Refereum is now assisting Tokoin with its growth engine to grow our community by giving incentives for participants’ engagement.
Ralali - Ralali.com is the current largest business platform in Indonesia, helping MSMEs to source, scale up, and sustain their operations digitally. In its 5 years of operation, Ralali.com has successfully managed to connect more than 250.000 small and medium businesses with 15.000 suppliers across 34 provinces in Indonesia.
PT PasarPolis Indonesia - PT PasarPolis Indonesia is the first insurance marketplace in Indonesia. As a partner of Tokoin, PasarPolis aspires to provide MSMEs with business insurance that is affordable yet helpful to cover their business operations. With PasarPolis on Tokoin’s platform, MSMEs will be assisted with relevant property insurance protection for their business property asset.
Sahabat UMKM - Sahabat UMKM is a community of Indonesian MSMEs which facilitates MSMEs in gaining beneficial access to networks, leading to fruitful partnerships and their boosted confidence when entering the bigger business ecosystem. With Sahabat UMKM on Tokoin’s platform, Indonesian MSME actors will be able to explore their capabilities and opportunities to cultivate their business potentials by means of the blockchain technology.
Tomochain - Tomochain is compatible with Ethereum Virtual Machine-based protocol, enabling public chains and private chains, as well as cross-chain token transfers.
- Bridging between DApps and Protocol, Tokoin Tied Partnership with BiFrost
- KuCoin Spotlight’s Fifth Round Completed in SECONDS — Tokoin Reaches All-Time High 9x Upon Trading
- How Tokoin XSQ Partnership Facilitates MSME Sector’s Growth
- Last Chance to Get TOKO Token before IEO
- Tokoin Tandatangan Kerjasama dengan KADIN, Hari Bersejarah untuk Dunia Blockchain Indonesia
- Merespon Tingginya Antusiasme Publik terhadap Token TOKO
- Tokoin Signed MOU with KADIN at the Global Blockchain Investment Summit 2019
- Tokoin at Global Blockchain Summit 2019
- Partnering with the Pasarpolis and Sahabat UMKM in Indonesia
- Tokoin Partners with Ralali — the Largest B2B Marketplace in Indonesia