ThunderCore is its own blockchain with its own native cryptocurrency. Developed by industry-leading experts, it is EVM-compatible with throughput of 1,200+ TPS, sub-second confirmation times, and low gas costs—making it quick and easy for DApps to deploy and scale.
Features & Highlights
The Thunder paradigm provides a bridge between the two: it is a fully decentralized method for maintaining a public EVM-compatible blockchain, with the performance of centralized solutions: Our Thunder protocol is a new blockchain that:
- achieves both high throughput and fast confirmation time;
- is robust up to a 50% attack (just as standard blockchains);
- directly supports EVM-smart contracts and EVM-DApps designed for Ethereum with little or no modifications;
- comes with a mathematical proof of its security.
We believe it is the simplest, fastest, most expressive and secure blockchain solution out there.
Token Sale & Economics
- Project website: https://www.thundercore.com/
- Project whitepaper: https://docs.thundercore.com/thunder-litepaper.pdf
- Token sale start time: 2019-05-09 12:00 UTC
- Ticker: TT
- Token type: ERC20 as TGE
- Total hard cap: $50,500,000
- Total supply: 10,000,000,000 TT
- Public sale token price: 1 TT = $0.015
- Public sale allocation: 0.33% of total supply
- Private sale token price: Private: 1 TT = $0.02. Presale: 1 TT = $0.1
- Private sale allocation: Private: 18.52% of total supply. Presale: 1.48% of total supply
- Seed sale token price: 1 TT = $0.01
- Seed sale allocation: 5.76% of total supply
Chris Wang, CEO, After graduating from Carnegie Mellon with a PhD in Computer Science at age 22, Chris went on to co-found social gaming company Playdom in 2008. Under him, Playdom grew to over 500 employees, 200 million monthly active users and over $100 million in annual revenue. Playdom was later sold to Disney for $500 million in 2010. Chris was also an early investor in Alibaba, Glassdoor, and FlipKart.
Elaine Shi, Chief scientist, With a PhD in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University, Shi is a key expert on cryptographic protocols and consensus. She wrote the first academic research paper on both Bitcoin and decentralized smart contracts; and was the first to teach smart contract programming. She now teaches as an Associate Professor of Computer Science at Cornell University. She is also the co-founder and co-director of the Initiative for Cryptocurrency and Contracts (IC3). For her work in the field, Shi has received the Packard Fellowship, ONR YIP Award, NSF Career Award, Alfred P. Sloan Fellowship, Google Faculty Awards, NSA Best Scientific Cybersecurity Award, an ASPLOS Best Paper Award and many more.
Rafael Pass, Scientist, A key expert on cryptographic protocols, consensus, and game theory, Pass earned his PhD in Computer Science from MIT and is currently a professor of Computer Science at Cornell University and Cornell Tech. Previously, Pass worked in the finance industry for JP Mogran and Price Waterhouse Coopers after studying logic and philosophy at the Sorbonne in Paris. He went on to co-found the Initiative for Cryptocurrency and Contracts (IC3) alongside Professor Shi. He also co-created ANONIZE with Abhi Shelat. As a professor, he was one of the 3 founding faculty members of Cornell Tech (now close to 40 faculty). He has received the NSF Career Award, the AFOSR Young Investigator Award, the Alfred P. Sloan Fellowship, the Microsoft Faculty Award, Wallenberg Academy Award and a Google Faculty Award.
|Consensus Protocol||Thunder||POW||Threshold Relay||BA||DPOS + BFT|
|Smart Contract Language||Solidity||Solidity||WASM||N/A||WASM|
|Settlement Time||Instant||Slow||Near Instant||Instant||Near Instant|
|Attacks Tolerance||Up to 50%||Up to 50%||Up to 50 %||Up to 33%||Up to 50 %|
Lightning is a decentralized network using smart contract functionality in the blockchain to enable instant payments across a network of participants. The Lightning Network is dependent upon the underlying technology of the blockchain. By using real Bitcoin/blockchain transactions and using its native smart-contract scripting language, it is possible to create a secure network of participants which are able to transact at high volume and high speed.
The Raiden Network is an off-chain scaling solution, enabling near-instant, low-fee and scalable payments. It’s complementary to the Ethereum blockchain and works with any ERC20 compatible token. The Raiden project is work in progress. Its goal is to research state channel technology, define protocols and develop reference implementations.
Zilliqa is a scalable, secure public blockchain platform. It's the first public blockchain platform that implemented sharding and achieved a throughput of 2828 transactions per second in its test net. This enables new use cases that have high-throughput demands that were not previously possible on legacy public blockchain platforms.
Tendermint Core is a blockchain application platform; it provides the equivalent of a web-server, database, and supporting libraries for blockchain applications written in any programming language. Like a web-server serving web applications, Tendermint serves blockchain applications. More formally, Tendermint Core performs Byzantine Fault Tolerant (BFT) State Machine Replication (SMR) for arbitrary deterministic, finite state machines.
- @ETHBoston @Squarelink_Inc @CommerceCB @EnigmaMPC @skalelabs @OffchainLabs @BinanceX @aztecprotocol @ETHGlobal Grea… https://t.co/IxIQjNL4sL
- #EthBoston is underway!! https://t.co/H2bDH1dgkh
- RT @shmula: .@CoinSharesCo @Melt_Dem @rusnewton98 excellent article https://t.co/1n0ziUNEFN
- RT @DappRadar: DappRadar starts tracking dapps on the @ThunderProtocol. That's our 7th blockchain supported, with more to come... https://t…
- RT @ETHBoston: This is it friends - ⏰#ETHBOSTON APPLICATION DEADLINE IS TODAY⏰ Get off that fence and apply - 🦞 https://t.co/5KJvnh8hYl
- Coming soon... https://t.co/mMezaaexh2
- The ThunderCore team will be at @ETHBoston where over 400 hackers will be building on the #blockchain. It'll be hel… https://t.co/qoAYNj21cj
- TruffleCon 2019 was an awesome experience. Thanks @trufflesuite for having us https://t.co/urhViPlV1h
- This weekend we were honored to present at #COSCUP 2019. Our presentation was entitled "From Paper to Product: Impl… https://t.co/xFEWjDB60C
- Heads-up on some $TT movement from @DACCblockchain @Bakkt to our own multi-sig wallet. Read more here: https://t.co/CyDKHILgWc
- ThunderCore January Update 2019
- ThunderCore + ConsenSys
- What is it to experience ThunderCore scale in a blockchain?
- ThunderCore December Update 2018
- ThunderCore and Ethereum as the fallback slow chain
- ThunderCore November Update 2018
- Future of Blockchain Hackathon — Launch Week Recap
- Top Pain Points Solved by Blockchain
- Top Pain Points Solved by Blockchain
- San Francisco Blockchain Week Recap