Radix is a Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) platform that functions similar to blockchain – but in a superior way. Like many DLT platforms, the goal is to replace blockchain by offering a superior alternative.
The name of the platform, by the way, comes from the math term “radix”, which refers to the number of unique digits, including zero, used to represent numbers in a positional numeral system. The radix for the decimal system, for example, is ten, because it uses 10 digits (digits 0 through 9). Radix is a synonym for “base”.
- ICO Time: TBA
- Ticker: TBA
- Token Type: Own Wallet
- Hardcap: TBA
- Total Supply: TBA
- Available for Token Sale: TBA
- ICO Price: TBA
R&D: Stress testing Bitcoin Blockchain
2013 - Q1
- Milestone: eMunie Founded
- eMunie v1 - Blocktrees
2013 - Q2
- Launch: Private Open Beta Network
- Alpha Feature Developed: DLT Secure Mail
- Alpha Feature Developed: DLT Encrypted Chat
- Alpha Feature Developed: DLT Address book
- Alpha Feature Developed: Economics - elastic supply model
2013 - Q3
Alpha Feature Developed: eMunie Naming System (ENS)
2014 - Q1
- Investment: Pre-Seed Investment Round
- Alpha Feature Developed: Asset Creation and Management System
2014 - Q2
- Alpha Feature Developed: Distributed Market Place
- Alpha Feature Developed: Integrated Browser
- Public Demo: New York Bitcoin Conference Demo
2014 - Q3
- Alpha Feature Developed: dApps store
- eMunie v2 - Built using Directed Acyclic Graphs
- Milestone: 1M transactions in 24hrs
- Alpha Feature Developed: Scrypto framework outlined
- Alpha Feature Developed: m-of-n multisig escrow enabled
2015 - Q1
Milestone: 200 Transactions Per Second
2015 - Q3
- Alpha Feature Developed: Decentralized debit card payment rail
- eMunie v3 - CAST/EVEI voting based consensus system
- Milestone: 1,000 Transactions Per Second
2015 - Q4
Alpha Feature Developed: Decentralized Exchange developed
2016 - Q2
Public Demo: Coinfest-UK
2016 - Q3
Milestone: eMunie rebranded to Radix
2017 - Q1
Public Demo: London Blockchain Week
2017 - Q2
- Public Demo: Coinfest-UK
- Radix v4 - Tempo consensus
- Milestone: 14,000 Transactions Per Second
2017 - Q3
- Published: Tempo White Paper v1
- Milestone: 500M transactions in 1 week
- Published: Public Node Incentives White Paper
2018 - Q1
- Milestone: 1 Billion transactions in 1 week
- Target: 20,000 Transactions Per Second
2018 - Q2
- Radix Wallet Basic UI Complete
- Radix Messaging Basic UI Complete
- Public Alpha Test Net Launched
- Downloadable Radix Client Released
- Radix Command Line Interface Released
- Radix Wallet UI Live on Alpha Test Net
- Radix Messaging UI Live on Alpha Test Net
- Token Transfer API Released on Alpha Test Net
- Messaging API Released on Alpha Test Net
2018 - Q3
- Scheduled: Node Runner Client Released
- Target: 50,000 Transactions Per Second
2018 - Q4
- Target: 100,000 Transactions Per Second
- 3rd Party Token Creation API Live on Alpha Test Net
- Target: 200,000 Transactions Per Second
- Multi-sig and timelocked transactions live on Alpha Test Net
- Target: 300,000 Transactions Per Second
- Scheduled: Decentralised Exchange White Paper
- Target: 400,000 Transactions Per Second
- Scheduled: Economics White Paper
- Target: 500,000 Transactions Per Second
- Target: 1,000,000 Transactions Per Second
2019 - Q1
- Launch: Radix Main Net - Radix Tokens Only
- Launch: Radix Wallets and Messaging on Main Net
- Radix Token Distribution Starts
- 3rd Party Tokens Enabled on Main Net
- Restricted Scrypto Released on Beta Test Net
2019 - Q2
- Radix Naming Service Enabled on Beta Test Net
- Restricted Scrypto Released on Main Net
2019 - Q3
- Turing Complete Scrypto Released on Alpha Test Net
- Radix Naming Service Enabled on Main Net
Prior to discovering Bitcoin in 2011, Dan helped develop the software required to securely deploy NFC based payments in mobile phones...
A serial entrepreneur, Piers started in Blockchain by experimenting with creating insurance smart contracts that could operate without the need for a carrier in early 2015...
A serial entrepreneur, true digital nomad and super networker, Rob has been a crypto investor and blockchain evangelist since 2012...
An expert in physics, cryptography and software development, Steve set up the first transatlantic private encrypted internet, helped develop SSLEAY, ported openSSL to run on mobile platforms...
Chief Of Staff
As a former global program and partner manager at Startupbootcamp and Philips Healthworks, Sophie has extensive experience with taking tech startups to market whilst working with globally distributed teams...
Chief Product Officer
Albert Castellana, started his career with building algorithmic trading systems and leading product strategy for startups. In 2013 he discovered distributed ledger technology and started using Ethereum and NEM...
Prior to joining Radix, Leroy worked in Corporate Banking with technology and telecoms clients. Leroy has an Economics degree from the University of Manchester and is a qualified Chartered Accountant.
Previously, Zalan helped companies like ST Ericsson create efficient mobile operating systems before contracting for Apple, solving hyper-scale deployment problems...
An Android, iOS and Web developer with a masters in electronic engineering, Marc uses his diverse skillset to help inform the design and implementation of the first Radix powered mobile apps...
A software generalist and Java ninja, Josh has been tinkering across the software stack for the past 10 years. From writing GPU drivers for NVIDIA to developing full stack apps for numerous startups, he digs it all...
Edgars quit studying AI at the University of Edinburgh to co-found Edurio, an ed-tech startup, attracting over $2m in funding, helping to build better tools for teachers and pupils...
A full stack developer who likes to take a pragmatic approach to engineering: prototyping, launching early and experimenting. With a wide range of technical experience, including working as a Research Engineer...
A passionate software architect across the board, Florian has engineered diverse software projects ranging from indie-puzzle games to an award-winning machine learning framework...
László is a seasoned developer who has helped many companies build their current and future digital solutions. Examples include keyless hospitality services, IoT based smart homes or integrating Android..
An engineer with a masters in Information Technology, Damián has mixed his passions for education, communication, and literature into the craft of technical writing...
Head of Community
Prior to Radix, Angad helped scale enterprise startups in San Francisco. A web dev by profession and growth marketer by choice, he straddles both sides of the fence...
PR & Marketing Manager
Laura is an experienced marketing expert who has previously worked in the music industry for 8 years launching major music releases and events, including London's biggest electronic music festival South West Four...