Radix is a Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) platform that functions similar to blockchain – but in a superior way. Like many DLT platforms, the goal is to replace blockchain by offering a superior alternative.
The name of the platform, by the way, comes from the math term “radix”, which refers to the number of unique digits, including zero, used to represent numbers in a positional numeral system. The radix for the decimal system, for example, is ten, because it uses 10 digits (digits 0 through 9). Radix is a synonym for “base”.
Token Sale & Economics
- Dan Hughes, Chief Technology Officer, Prior to discovering Bitcoin in 2011, Dan helped develop the software required to securely deploy NFC based payments in mobile phones. He has previously built, run and exited 3 successful software startups. Dan has spent the last 6 years building, testing and refining his own DLT protocols, creating Radix in the process.
- Piers Ridyard, Chief Executive Officer, A serial entrepreneur, Piers started in Blockchain by experimenting with creating insurance smart contracts that could operate without the need for a carrier in early 2015. Before taking the helm at Radix, he co-founded Surematics, a YCombinator S'17 company, helping to create the world's first decentralised dataroom.
- Albert Castellana, Chief Product Officer, Albert started his career with building algorithmic trading systems and leading product strategy for startups. In 2013 he discovered distributed ledger technology and started using Ethereum and NEM to build his projects. Albert was in the NEM Foundation's founding team until he quit his position to join Radix as the Chief Product Officer. At Radix he oversees strategic product decisions, bridging the gap between business and technology.
- Stephen Thornton, Chief Scientist, An expert in physics, cryptography and software development, Steve set up the first transatlantic private encrypted internet, helped develop SSLEAY, ported openSSL to run on mobile platforms using asynchronous sockets, and wrote the firmware for encrypted mesh routers for the ‘MoD. He now develops and validates the security, logic and resilience of the Radix network and algorithms.
- Sophie Donkin, Chief of Staff, As a former global program and partner manager at Startupbootcamp and Philips Healthworks, Sophie has extensive experience with taking tech startups to market whilst working with globally distributed teams, in a sustainable manner. At Radix, with her excellent organizational skills, she complements the CEO in streamlining activities across all Radix departments and helps accelerate its go to market strategy.
- Leroy Margolis, Chief Financial Officer, Prior to joining Radix, Leroy worked in Corporate Banking with technology and telecoms clients. Leroy has an Economics degree from the University of Manchester and is a qualified Chartered Accountant. At Radix he is leveraging his banking experience and accounting knowledge to set the financial strategic objectives for Radix’s next phase of growth.
- Zalan Blenessy, Developer Operations, Previously, Zalan helped companies like ST Ericsson create efficient mobile operating systems before contracting for Apple, solving hyper-scale deployment problems. Zalan mined his first Ethers in 2015 and was immediately hooked. He now ensures the Radix developers are as effective as possible, allowing them to focus on taking Radix to the next level.
- Marc Rubio, Developer, An Android, iOS and Web developer with a masters in electronic engineering, Marc uses his diverse skillset to help inform the design and implementation of the first Radix powered mobile apps. Marc has been involved in the community and all things decentralised since 2013, getting first hooked by Bitcoin, and later discovering Radix.
- Joshua Primero, Developer, A software generalist and Java ninja, Josh has been tinkering across the software stack for the past 10 years. From writing GPU drivers for NVIDIA to developing full stack apps for numerous startups, he digs it all. He now brings his engineering and execution expertise to Radix, helping to move the codebase from test to production.
- Edgars Nemse, Developer, Edgars quit studying AI at the University of Edinburgh to co-found Edurio, an ed-tech startup, attracting over $2m in funding, helping to build better tools for teachers and pupils. After following the crypto scene since the early days of Bitcoin, he's now at Radix looking to apply his wizardry across the full stack.
- Mauricio Urraco, Developer, A full stack developer who likes to take a pragmatic approach to engineering: prototyping, launching early and experimenting. With a wide range of technical experience, including working as a Research Engineer at INRIA, he decided to join Radix and dive-deep into the world of distributed ledger technologies.
- Florian Casar, Developer, A passionate software architect across the board, Florian has engineered diverse software projects ranging from indie-puzzle games to an award-winning machine learning framework. After completing his military service as an OSINT researcher, he now designs and implements the Scrypto platform and language while assisting with making other aspects of Radix production-ready.
- Laszlo Urszuly, Developer, László is a seasoned developer who has helped many companies build their current and future digital solutions. Examples include keyless hospitality services, IoT based smart homes or integrating Android natively in the next generation cars. He was introduced to the blockchain technology in early 2016 by his best friend and has been spellbound ever since. Now he is putting his passion for programming and the Digital Ledger Technology to use here at Radix DLT.
- Damian Parrino, Technical Writer, An engineer with a masters in Information Technology, Damián has mixed his passions for education, communication, and literature into the craft of technical writing. With years of experience in the art of customer service, he now focuses on bringing the best documentation to Radix Knowledge Base, supporting our ever-growing developer community.
- Angad Mutha, Head of Community, Prior to Radix, Angad helped scale enterprise startups in San Francisco. A web dev by profession and growth marketer by choice, he straddles both sides of the fence. He got obsessed with decentralized societies and protocols after reading the bitcoin whitepaper. At Radix, he is responsible for growing the Radix developer community and digital marketing.
- Laura Woods, PR & Marketing Manager, Laura is an experienced marketing expert who has previously worked in the music industry for 8 years launching major music releases and events, including London's biggest electronic music festival South West Four. She then moved into PR & Marketing within the Blockchain space, helping to steer promising startups through successful product launches. She joins Radix as PR & Communications Manager.