Quant Overledger is the blockchain Operating System (OS) of the future. It empowers applications to function across multiple blockchains. Overledger securely removes barriers prohibiting communication across multiple blockchains, providing endless possibilities for data and applications.
Overledger is a blockchain operating system providing the ability to distribute value and applications across both current and future blockchains, without being limited to a single technology or method.
Overledger is an agnostic platform that connects the world’s networks to current and future blockchains. Overledger sits on top of blockchains providing a meta-gateway for existing networks to connect to blockchains and vice-versa.
Problems & Solutions
The problem of single-chain DApps, lack of interoperability between blockchains, as well as between blockchains and existing networks and enterprise systems is the major pain point of current blockchain development and adoption. While there has been tremendous progress in the blockchain ecosystem around use cases, pilot projects and new emerging platforms, interoperability across applications, platforms, and infrastructure still remains elusive. If interoperability between applications sitting on different networks, built on the same protocol (cross-application interoperability) is difficult to achieve, the interoperability between applications that sit on different protocols (cross-platform interoperability) still remains a mirage. In fact, leading open source platforms (like Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Quorum, Corda or Hyperledger Fabric) on which most of applications are based, take a dramatically different approach to their building blocks. For example, consensus, transaction capabilities, tokenisation, extensibility, security and privacy, codebase, identity management, charging and rewarding systems.
The team is developing a blockchain program interface (BPI): a set of routines, data structures, protocols, and tools for building MApps capable of communicating with different blockchains. Basically, their BPI will make it easier for developers to program applications that can run on any type of blockchain protocol and network. Developer support is available in the form of a software development kit, Overledger SDK, providing the documentation and tools needed to build software based on the Quant BPI and associated Overledger interfaces. In this way, Quant Network empowers enterprises to de-risk their blockchain investments, easily use multiple blockchains and focus their attention and energy on creating true MApps.
Features & Highlights
Overledger differs from existing DLT Interoperability platforms by decoupling the message layer from the transactional layer of the DLT technology in question, providing:
Flexibility - The option and ability to move to different ledgers if the underlying DLT becomes obsolete or transaction fees are too high, ensuring availability and saving you money
Backwards Compatibility - The ability to connect your legacy data sources or external APIs to DLT technologies, taking advantage of key aspects of the technology
Simplicity - Easy to use development interfaces to produce both cross ledger and standard applications, reducing time to market and democratizing development.
Token Sale & Economics
- Project website: https://www.quant.network/
- Project whitepaper: https://www.quant.network/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Quant_Overledger_Whitepaper-Sep.pdf
- Token sale start time: TBA
- Ticker: QNT
- Token type: ERC-20
- Total hard cap: TBA
- Total supply: 45,467,000 QNT
Token Utility & Use Cases
The Quant Token account is a core component of Quant. It’s designed to ensure flexibility and control for continued evolution of the project. QNT tokens will be created during the crowd sale period. The total supply of QNT will be limited to the number of tokens created during the crowd sale period. No additional tokens will be created after the TGE.
The tokens will be dual-purposed, initially used for the token offering, later as an access token to access the Quant network.
Roadmap & Updates
- July 2015
- Inception of Overledger idea inspired from real-world case studies in
- April 2016 - October 2016
- Developed the proposal (ISO/TS/P 258) to create Blockchain Standards based on the original Overledger idea
- Approval received by ISO to establish Blockchain ISO Standard TC307
- December 2016
- TrustTagTM technology has been developed and a patent filed 1621807.5
- March 2017
- Since March 2017 research has been conducted to address the lack of blockchain interoperability. Overledger operating system has been conceptualised.
- October 2017
- Research into Overledger concept and design is completed
- Quant Network AG is incorporated in Zug (Switzerland)
- November 2017
- Prototype development
- December 2017
- Patent filing. Filing of an EU Patent “Blockchain Communications and Ordering” Patent number: 17425121.5-1217
- December 2017 - March 2018
- Pre-Sale open to institutional investors
- March - April 2018
- Pre-TGE and Public TGE
- Q2 2018
- TrustTagTM first version release
- Open Source SDK - Released v.01a
- Q3 2018
- Quant SaaS Product release
- Continue patent filing roadmap. File 3 supporting EU patents.
- File the 4 total patents in other jurisdictions
- Q1 2019
- Quant App Store
- Open Source SDK - Released v.01b
- Q3 2019
- Quant Enterprise MAppsTreaty Contracts developed
AUCloud - AUCloud is Australia’s sovereign cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, exclusively focused on the Australian Government (Federal, State and Local) and Critical National Industry (CNI) communities.
Hyperledger - Hyperledger is an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies. It is a global collaboration, hosted by The Linux Foundation, including leaders in finance, banking, IoT, supply chain, manufacturing and technology.
Tech Nation Cyber - The UK’s first national scaleup programme for the cyber security sector, Tech Nation Cyber is aimed at ambitious tech companies ready for growth, at home and abroad.
UKCloud - UKCloud is dedicated to helping the UK Public Sector by delivering more choice and flexibility through safe and trusted cloud technology.
Alliance Block - Alliance Block is a decentralized AI-powered investment ecosystem, community-driven and fully transparent.
- Thank you David for a very detailed and insightful article explaining the $QNT token fundamentals powering… https://t.co/DqTXwFGQoK
- 50 years ago today the internet was born. Here is our vision for the #future ! Read why it is all about #Blockchain… https://t.co/0jwbRnNUIU
- We're mentoring the Blockchain Strategy room during @SprintBlock hackathon run by @uclcbt @Ripple & supported by… https://t.co/sRfYlgyqLN
- RT @gverdian: Packed day at #CordaCon2019. Looking forward to the full day of talks and networking. https://t.co/wT8i3SR5SQ
- Quant CEO @gverdian discusses #Overledger and the need for #financialservices to implement interoperable… https://t.co/tvvNTYfdIj
- @gverdian discusses #Overledger and how the #financialservices sector is overcoming the challenges for implementing… https://t.co/V7vmOCPXZO
- We are pleased to announce that we have joined @GlobalDigitalFi to help shape #policy for #DigitalAssets to flouris… https://t.co/V0YKBN9OYG
- Quant CEO @gverdian looks back at a successful #sibos2019 with @OracleStartup! Celebrating #fintech #innovation and… https://t.co/BQv2LHvTVN
- Quant CEO @gverdian announced today @unblockedevents, Quant’s new partnership with Ledger3, helping creating a… https://t.co/HoHbmlVzKk
- Quant CEO @gverdian will speak tomorrow at Supply Chain Unblocked by @unblockedevents, where he will be discussing… https://t.co/tE9iogzrLV
- AX Trading Partners with Quant Network
- SIA PARTNERS WITH QUANT NETWORK TO EXPLORE INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS IN BLOCKCHAIN INTEROPERABILITY FOR…
- QUANT NETWORK NAMED A COOL VENDOR IN BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY BY GARTNER
- QUANT NETWORK AWARDED COOL VENDOR STATUS BY GARTNER
- QUANT NETWORK CHOSEN FOR TECH NATION’S CYBERSECURITY GROWTH PROGRAMME — Quant Network
- GROUNDBREAKING BLOCKCHAIN STARTUP EXPANDS INTO US MARKET — Quant Network
- Guy Dietrich, Managing Director of Rockefeller Capital joins Quant Network’s Board of Directors
- Quant Atlas, interoperable banking through cross border Open Banking
- INATBA Launch and Declaration placed on multiple Blockchains using Overledger
- Quant Network joins Hyperledger