Pledgecamp utilizes blockchain technology to be the first to offer Backer Insurance, an escrow wallet framework that allows users to self-regulate without requiring intermediaries. A native token also incentivizes engagement with the platform, and aligns all users to act in the interests of the group as a whole. These improvements will be essential to fix crowdfunding as we move together towards a vision of global innovation.
Problems & Solutions
Crowdfunding is a multi billion-dollar market with a trust problem.
- Frequent Failure: Studies show up to 85% of projects delay and 14% fail to deliver.
- No Trust: Less than 1/3 of users on Kickstarter have backed a second project.
- No Accountability: Creators receive 100% of funds upfront, and owe nothing back if they fail.
- Centralized: Many potential creators, especially in developing countries, remain excluded.
Pledgecamp allows users to back with confidence, with blockchainpowered security and token incentives for collaboration.
- Transparency: Reputable project creators place security deposits and perform KYC to earn your trust.
- Acceleration: The Pledgecamp Ecosystem provides project creators the broad resources they need to succeed.
- Accountability: Smart contracts secure funds in escrow, letting backers monitor and verify promised deadlines.
- Collaborative: Help projects, earn rewards. Token incentives empower a Smart Crowd to contribute more than funds.
Features & Highlights
- Backer Insurance: Backer Insurance is a security feature unique to Pledgecamp that enforces accountability by empowering backers to monitor the usage of their contributions. A smart contract holds a percentage of campaign funds in escrow, which is released to creators as project milestones are met. Milestones are defined before funds are raised so that the expectations between creators and backers are clear from the beginning.
- User Moderation: Users who stake tokens are empowered to moderate the ecosystem and earn revenue in return.
- Global Inclusion: Millions are excluded from crowdfunding today. Pledgecamp opens the model to the world.
- Empower Innovators: A decentralized knowledge center provides entrepreneurs the insights they need to succeed.
- Ask Questions: Project creators can get timely answers to specific business problems by offering rewards.
- Earn Rewards: Users can monetize their expertise and help projects succeed. Speak up, get paid.
- Guarantee Payment: Smart contracts give vendors peace of mind that young startups will pay as promised.
- Track Funds: Smart contracts with vendors allow backers to verify that funds are used as promised.
- Trusted Vendors: Creators can vet and find key partners with histories and reputations on the blockchain.
- Smart Crowd: Token incentives (bounties) harness the limitless power of the crowd. Help creators, earn income.
- Campaign Deposit: Creators must place security deposits to curb abuse. Refunded upon KYC and transparent disclosures.
Token Sale & Economics
- Project website: https://pledgecamp.com
- Project whitepaper: https://pledgecamp.com/__pdf/pledgecamp_whitepaper_v2-2_en.pdf
- Token sale start time: TBA
- Ticker: PLG
- Token type: ERC20 as TGE
- Total hard cap: $20,000,000
- Total supply: 1,000,000,000,000 PLG
Token Utility & Use Cases
Pledge Coin is an ERC20 token on the public Ethereum blockchain that enables key features of the platform. Uses for PLG:
- Payment: Borderless, low-fee currency used to back campaigns and hire services.
- Security: Enables Backer Insurance and Campaign Deposits, restoring trust to crowdfunding.
- Reward: Enables automated bounties for the Smart Crowd performing verifiable tasks.
- Staking: Staking Pledge Coin awards Camp Shares to the user. Conditions apply.
Roadmap & Updates
- Q1 2019
- Advanced Wireframes delivery with MetaLab
- Begin Final Platform Implementation with Mousebelt
- Q2 2019
- Final UX/UI Delivery with MetaLab
- Market Network & Knowledge Center Beta Implementation
- Q3 2019
- Website UI Implementation
- Platform Backend, Smart Contract MVP Implementation
- Q4 2019
- Full Platform Launch
Humanity 2.0 - Humanity 2.0 is a vehicle for facilitating collaborative ventures between the traditionally siloed public, private and faith-based sectors. Its mission is to identify impediments to human flourishing and then work cross-sector to remove them. Developed in collaboration with the Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development at the Holy See and a consortium of leaders and luminaries, Humanity 2.0 is an agent of the common good and a believer in the need for a shared horizon to unite humankind.
NSF I-Corps - The Bay Area NSF Innovation Corps (I-Corps™) is a collaboration between the University of California Berkeley, University of California San Francisco and Stanford University and funded by the National Science Foundation that offers educational programs to accelerate the commercialization of science and fosters technology entrepreneurship nationally.
- RT @OKEx: Pledgecamp $PLG token sale is now LIVE! Subscribe now ➡️ https://t.co/4QbrJv6Hvw
- RT @OKEx: 10 mins ⏳ https://t.co/DLl2bfizqw
- 🛠 #BuildWednesday 🛠 Our latest engineering update is here! https://t.co/1dSnUG4LnX
- #TokenTuesday Thanks to crowdfunding, startups are able to directly connect with their target market and obtain fu… https://t.co/b1CGBij9K4
- The FII is a three-day conference for the world’s leading business leaders, politicians, and civic society groups t… https://t.co/HlOFRpFQ89
- OKEx, the #1 largest exchange ranked by CoinMarketCap (by adjusted volume), will list the PLG token in August. PLG… https://t.co/RXWJiL7CwB
- 🛠 #BuildWednesday 🛠 Our latest engineering update is here! Last week we made a lot of progress across the board —… https://t.co/FGcBcjZCd0
- 🚀 #MoonMonday! 🚀 H.R.H. Prince Saud K. Al Faisal, Executive Director for Investment Policies and Regulations at th… https://t.co/kVLyCadOPR
- 🙌 #FeatureFriday 🙌 Did you know that on Pledgecamp, creators will be able to easily convert their concluded crowdf… https://t.co/B7HjCQXBry
- The Crystal Wash 2.0 raised $269,000 for a "laundry ball" the FTC has been warning against for over 20 years, becau… https://t.co/FXDhH4jopS
- Pledgecamp invited to Future Investment Initiative 2019
- OKEX Frequently Asked Questions
- OK Jumpstart x Pledgecamp (PLG) Partnership Details
- Introducing Pledgecamp Advisor: Saud Khalid Al Faisal
- Introducing Pledgecamp Storefronts
- Introducing Pledgecamp Advisor: David Ambroz
- How Pledgecamp Helps Creators Save Money
- Become a Pledgecamp Moderator: Official Process Is Here!
- New Pledgecamp Incubation Center in Hong Kong
- Pledgecamp Partnership with CMU Fund