Perlin is a highly scalable, PoS smart contract platform that achieves throughput of 31,000+ TPS and consistently has 0 to 4 second time to finality, all of which is made possible by Wavelet, a DAG-based probabilistic consensus mechanism. Perlin utilises leaderless PoS protocol which does not use committees or delegation, thereby ensuring the security properties of bitcoin but speeds comparable to private chains. Perlin is pursuing several adoption strategies but is currently focused on the $US 11 Trillion international trade market with its distribution partners such as the International Chamber of Commerce, Enterprise Singapore, Dubai Chamber of Commerce and others.
Features & Highlights
- Leaderless Proof of Stake: A new proof of stake protocol that doesn’t require committees or delegation.
- Minimal Hardware Nodes: PERL holders will have the option of running a validator node with minimal hardware requirements (512MB RAM and 2 CPUs) and join in earning a share of transaction fees.
- Commercial / Market Traction: Perlin is initially targeting applications in the International Trade space with endorsements from the International Chamber of Commerce, Enterprise Singapore and several other organizations and companies.
- Efficient and Scalable: Wavelet is benchmarked at 31k+ transactions per second and a time to finality between 0-4 seconds.
- Engaged, Global Developer Community: Strong developer adoption through AssemblyScript/Rust smart contract SDKs and two previously released libraries, Life and Noise, which have over 2,300 stars on Github and 150 forks collectively.
Token Sale & Economics
- Project website: http://perlin.net/
- Project whitepaper: http://perlin.net/
- Token sale start time: 2019-08-24 00:00 UTC
- Ticker: PERL
- Token type: ERC20 as TGE
- Total hard cap: $6,199,200
- Total supply: 1,033,200,000 PERL
- Initial circulating supply: 25.33% of total supply
- Public sale token price: 1 PERL = $0.07743
- Public sale allocation: 8.38% of total supply
- Private sale token price: Private: 1 PERL = $0.20. Strategic: 1 PERL = $0.12
- Private sale allocation: Private: 8.36% of total supply. Strategic: 19.49% of total supply
- Private sale vesting period: Private: 33.33% before listing, then 33.33% each 6 months. Strategic: 40% before listing, then 20% each 6 months
- Seed sale token price: 1 PERL = $0.06
- Seed sale allocation: 20% of total supply
- Seed sale vesting period: 1 year lockup, then 20% each 6 months
Token Release Schedule
Token Utility & Use Cases
The use cases intended for PERL mainnet tokens include but are not limited to:
- Payment for transaction fees
- Payment for smart contract fees
- Stake for running a validator node
Prior to the Wavelet mainnet release, the ERC-20 PERL tokens can be used for Clarify Personal, an application which allows users to attach proof of ownership onto the Perlin blockchain.
Roadmap & Updates
- Q4 2017
- Ideation - Perlin is founded.
- Q2 2018
- Avalanche Consensus - The Avalanche Consensus is implemented to improve DAG throughput times.
- Q3 2018
- Whitepaper Release - The preliminary version of the whitepaper is released to the public.
- Wavelet - Improvements are made to the short comings of Avalanche to create a metastable, Sybil-resistant ledger called Wavelet.
- Q4 2018
- Testnet Alpha - Alpha release of the testnet will consist of binaries and documentation.
- Q1 2019
- Compute dApp Demo - A testnet version of our compute layer with a realtime demo will be published.
- Q2 2019
- Public Wavelet Testnet Release - The second iteration of Perlins testnet for the Wavelet ledger will be released.
- Traceability dApp Demo - A testnet version of Perlins ledger layer with a real-time traceability demo will be published.
- Q3 2019
- Wavelet Mainnet Release - The mainnet release for wavelet ledger which will include smart contracts.
- Compute dApp Demo - A testnet version of Perlins ledger layer with a real-time demo will be published.
- Q4 2019
- Compute dApp Demo (Mobile Support) - Scaling our compute platform for more types of supply devices.
FBG Capital - FBG Capital is a digital asset management firm.
Bitmain - Bitmain is a manufacturer of Bitcoin mining hardware and other related services. Bitmain was founded by several of the digital currency industry’s earliest players, and their team is comprised of passionate and pedigreed engineers, financial experts, and Bitcoin enthusiasts. Bitmain is headquartered in Beijing and has offices in San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Hong Kong, Chengdu and Shenzhen.
Global Brain Corporation - Global Brain (GB) is an early stage venture capital firm based in Tokyo, expanding its investment activities in the US and Asia. Since 2001, GB has invested in about 30 companies selectively, provided full services and resources and achieved 7 IPOs and 7 M&As. GB accelerates growth of portfolio companies in a long run by providing not only capital but also supports to build strategies, partnerships and a team to achieve their milestones. GB is strong at e-commerce and forms a platform called EC-PLANET among its group companies: a listed DRTV/Infomercial company, one of the largest sport goods online stores, a logistics company that can provide comprehensive fulfillment services and a social media company that can develop web services.
Danhua Capital - Danhua Capital is a venture capital fund that invests primarily in early stage and growth stage companies with disruptive technologies or innovative business models, big market opportunities and strong management team. Their fund focuses on innovations in high-tech space, including mobile Internet, big data, cloud computing, wearable computing, artificial intelligence, robotics, virtual reality, smart devices, gaming and entertainment, medical devices and other disruptive technologies. They invest in companies from early stage to growth stage, and we occasionally participate in later rounds of financing for extraordinary companies.
Arrington XRP Capital - Arrington XRP Capital is a digital asset management firm in blockchain-based capital markets.
BlockTower - Cryptoassets represent disruptive early stage technology, liquid public markets, and new use cases and business models. Navigating this space requires an approach operating at the intersection of cryptography, game theory, network and behavioral economics, competitive strategy, computer science, investing and portfolio management. They are a team of investors, engineers, operators and risk managers focused on stewarding capital and helping to responsibly build this important globally-connected ecosystem, market and industry. is a leading cryptoasset investment firm, applying professional trading, investing and portfolio management to an emerging digital asset class.
LD Capital - LD Capital is one of Asia's earliest organizations focusing on value investing in blockchain field. Owing to industrial resource advantages and professional investment research teams, LD Capital has successively discovered and invested in projects such as Qtum, Vechain and Eos which all achieved over 100 times return. LD Capital focuses on blockchain innovation projects within finance, games, content publishing, Internet of Things and other circuits, and we have been propelling broad layout of blockchain technology and infrastructure construction to facilitate the comprehensive development of the global blockchain ecosystem.
ZhenFund - ZhenFund (Chinese: 真格基金) is a seed stage focused venture fund with over $1 billion under management since founded in 2011 by Bob Xu and Victor Wang, in collaboration with Sequoia Capital China. Bob and Victor previously co-founded New Oriental (NYSE: EDU), one of the world's largest education conglomerates. Three of Bob's seed investments have IPOed in NYC: Shiji Jiayuan (Nasdaq: DATE) (世纪佳缘, website), LightInTheBox (Nasdaq: LITB) (website), and Jumei (NYSE: JMEI) (聚美, website). Bob was named to the Midas List four years in a row (2016-2019) and was last ranked at #11.
GBIC - GBIC (Global Blockchain Innovative Capital) is a global hub for blockchain technology that furthers the development, acceleration, and launch of blockchain projects. Our value comprises of three core fundamentals: Strategic Investment, Global Community Building, and Best in Class Partners.
Signum Capital - They are a Singapore-based firm that exclusively consults in Blockchain-enabled companies. Their mission is to realize the future of Blockchain economy by consulting in game changing projects and companies. They participate in Pre-sale stages of Token Generation Events and Equity investments.
Node Capital - Node Capital is a venture capital company focusing on blockchain industry. It is also one of the world’s earliest professional investment institutions of blockchain industry layouts. Node Capital aims to connection every node of blockchain industry by project investment and cooperation, thus building industry ecosystem, and promote healthy and stable development of blockchain industry. So far, Node Capital has invested many projects of blockchain industry, such as news information, digital asset transactions, storage, technology development and application. Including enterprises such as Huobi, Coldlar, Bocheninc, fengwo, Jinse Finance , Lianshang Technology, Yulian, Qukuai Leida.
Youbi Capital - Youbi Capital is a private equity fund registered in the Cayman Islands. Founded by senior Wall Street professional investors, the world's top BTC mining pool owner, and veteran crypto currency investment experts, Youbi focuse on investing in overseas blockchain projects. Youbi Capital is committed to long-term value investment in the blockchain ecosystem and has invested in more than 20 next-generation blockchain technologies and Dapps, nearly US$60 million. We have established strategic partnerships with a number of successful blockchain projects and companies, and in May 2018 we were selected as Huobi super node. Youbi Capital will continue to invest in projects and companies with high potential, bring in strategic resources and assist to build eco-system, helping projects succeed and creating maximum value for investors.
Origin X Capital - Origin X Capital is a Hong Kong based Venture Capital Firm with strong European roots and a service provider investing in fintech and blockchain startups. Our firm was founded by international corporate lawyers and finance professionals who recognized that competent due diligence was a scant resource in the distributed ledger technology market. We help accelerate emerging technology companies and projects with our knowledge of the cryptocurrency markets thanks to our experience which dates back to 2013. Our track record and combined experience of 30 years is supported by a strong network of investors whose interests are aligned with the projects we commit to.
- How can we drive, monitor and report commitments for #sustainability across industries? #Perlin has launched… https://t.co/iWqPLcl0m0
- @Youssef_Fedda No Sydney events planned in the near future, but it's something that we can do if the demand is high… https://t.co/8I4F6XkO3o
- Come catch the Perlin team at SF Blockchain week! - One of the best events for real crypto tech believers ⚡️ 💸 Get… https://t.co/tidiaFSZ1g
- Digitalising trade together with @PerlinNetwork and the @iccwbo through TradeFlow! https://t.co/SA7uCJuuIl
- Perlin has partnered with the Singapore Shipping Association to create the International E-Registry of Ships (IERS)… https://t.co/zPJ1YbqmJ8
- See Adriana's wonderful coverage of Perlin's partnership with the Montenegro Government! #montenegro #eu… https://t.co/JGNf6BOewZ
- Another block placed to build towards mass adoption for Perlin!🙌 https://t.co/8EMC9jlEjf
- 📣 We have just partnered with the Government of Montenegro! 🛠 This will give Perlin access to resources to run our… https://t.co/XsJFmLMVLn
- One of the largest rayon producers in the world, Asia Pacific Rayon, has just published an article about our pilot… https://t.co/AZBgDb4DLv
- Chief Minister of the Australian Capital Territory Andrew Barr meets up with Perlin CEO Dorjee Sun to talk renewabl… https://t.co/nC8ZOWgK49