Our world is evolving and the digitalization of the economy is changing the way financial services are delivered and consumed. OmiseGO enables businesses and individuals to securely offer and access a wide range of financial services, and invest, exchange and spend digital assets anytime, anywhere.
Problems & Solutions
There is a fundamental coordination problem amongst payment processors, gateways, and financial institutions. For instance, a customer of a bank wishes to pay a merchant on another network. Traditionally, there have been significant efforts in engineering around payment systems which are compatible across payment networks and financial institutions. These are usually constructed by creating a clearinghouse which manages the interchange, usually via a messaging network with either a central counterparty clearinghouse or nostro/vostro accounts. Examples include FedWire, CHIPS, SWIFT, consumer card payment networks, NSCC/DTCC, OCC, and ACH. These networks service different roles and functions, including local/national payments, international payments, credit, equities/asset exchange, and derivatives. These centralized networks allow for the controlling entity to arbitrarily change the mechanisms, which result in significant amount of transaction costs via information costs, due diligence, and contractual enforcement between all parties.
OmiseGO is building a decentralized exchange, liquidity provider mechanism, clearinghouse messaging network, and asset-backed blockchain gateway. OmiseGO is not owned by any single one party. Instead, it is an open distributed network of validators which enforce behavior of all participants. It uses the mechanism of a protocol token to create a proof-of-stake blockchain to enable enforcement of market activity amongst participants. This high-performant distributed network enforces exchange across asset classes, from fiat-backed issuers to fully decentralized blockchain tokens (ERC-20 style and native cryptocurrencies). Unlike nearly all other decentralized exchange platforms, this allows for decentralized exchange of other blockchains and between multiple blockchains directly without a trusted gateway token. Markets may be able to significantly reduce spreads and encourage market assurance via decentralizing custody and increased transparency of market activity. This is achieved using smart contracts, protocol tokens enforcing correct market behavior of orderbook matching, a new construction of Ethereum bonded external enforcement of clearinghouse activity, and commitments to historical exchange data for use with Ethereum smart contracts.
Features & Highlights
OmiseGO eWallet Suite - The OmiseGO eWallet Suite is a complete digital asset management tool businesses can use to easily manage digital assets, tokenize, trade, exchange and collect assets, make payments and remittances and much more. The eWallet Suite is open source and customizable to suit your business needs and brand.
OmiseGO Network - The OmiseGO Network is a global and public network that enables businesses in various sectors and individuals to participate in a wider, decentralized, financial marketplace where they can offer and access financial services, invest, exchange and spend digital assets anytime, anywhere. The OmiseGO Network is a part of the larger OmiseGO platform. Users can easily connect their eWallet or application to the OmiseGO Network and start trading, selling and exchanging digital assets with others.
Token Sale & Economics
Quantstamp - Quantstamp is the first scalable security-audit protocol designed to find vulnerabilities in Ethereum smart contracts.
MVL - Mass Vehicle Ledger Ecosystem (MVL Ecosystem, pronounced as “em-buh l Ecosystem”) is a new blockchain-based ecosystem for all vehicle-related services. Participants from automobile-related companies, services or trade industry will be connected and they will insert core data related to driving, traffic accidents, repairs and other car-related transactions into the blockchain.
Shinhan Card - Shinhan Card Co. Ltd. is Korea's biggest, global top-five credit card company. Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, the company has a partnership with Shinhan Capital, and is an affiliate of Shinhan Financial Group. Shinhan Card was established in 1990 as a technical and business company licensed by Shinhan Bank. It introduced the technology of sending virtual one-time card numbers in Visa's 3-D Secure first in the world for its customers' security.
Clearpool - Clearpool offers world class performance combined with innovative methods to unlock liquidity. Take your platform to the next level of performance with Clearpool's unique hybrid venue offering and provide an exceptional venue for all participants.
Minor International - Minor International Pcl (MINT) is one of the largest hospitality, restaurant and lifestyle companies in the Asia Pacific Region.
- RT @cypherhat: Prettiest test-driven build-deploy I have ever seen - reads like a story. Well done @omise_go https://t.co/yxn6nVWLZH
- Respond to this tweet with your question now! Top liked tweets will be forwarded to MakerDAO for response via the… https://t.co/qib3200OMG
- Do you have a question for @MakerDAO and OmiseGO? For this month’s AMA we’re inviting MakerDAO to answer questions… https://t.co/RFVb892Sf6
- What has changed in the #DeFi space since 2017? Is there much interest in this ecosystem anymore? Kasima answered t… https://t.co/qaix3jGtoW
- "OmiseGO has added the Dai token to their test network, Samrong, and has enabled fee payments in #Dai." https://t.co/ROYgJATbhp
- RT @Hydro_Labs: Ethereum, OmiseGO, Plasma & Hydro Pay. https://t.co/Usdbh9q3lg
- Over the last week the OmiseGO team was busy strategizing, aligning, and preparing for implementation at our 2019 c… https://t.co/VdzPU6Xpdl
- “As we upgrade Plasma, the #OmiseGO Network will be able to go beyond #P2P payments and transactions. An example wo… https://t.co/BGoebskoFQ
- Over the past 2 weeks, we’ve continued to implement features for the #Ethereum & #Plasma integration. Deposit walle… https://t.co/zLETegpNnm
- "What is the status of Plasma and DEX?" Catch our CTO, Kasima, in an upfront interview conducted by @uptrennd here:… https://t.co/GLl6UktAQl