Dusk Network is a privacy-oriented blockchain protocol featuring Segregated Byzantine Agreement to provide privacy, programmability, and contract auditability.
Dusk is built by a team of entrepreneurs, engineers and researchers with technical experience at Amazon, TomTom, Mozilla, Reaktor, and blockchain backgrounds (Zcash, City of Zion, NEO Research, etc).
Dusk Network is currently in testnet phase and aims to be a blockchain protocol designed for easy deployment of programmable Zero Knowledge dApps, thus becoming the backbone of an open, permissionless and global privacy-oriented dApp ecosystem.
The Project aims to remove technical barriers that have hindered mainstream issuance and trading of products such as security tokens. Compliance, auditability and privacy are built into the open, permissionless Confidential Security Token Standard (“XSC”).
Problems & Solutions
In order to satisfy a broad set of data transfer scenario, the Dusk network adds an additional layer of security to the IP protocol suite (used mostly in a peer-to-peer fashion). Through the adoption of a mix of established strategies and novel techniques, the Dusk network has been conceived specifically to protect the privacy of the communicating peers from any form of eavesdropping while satisfying a variety of challenging use cases varying from fast communication (e.g. voice calls) to large data transfer (e.g. file transmission). Dusk circumvents the notorious unreliability of crowd-sourced infrastructures by embedding economic incentives into the core mechanism of the network itself. Such incentives are designed to encourage peers to partake in the network in a permission-less, anonymous and private fashion.
Features & Highlights
Dusk Network ("Dusk" or the "Project") aims to achieve on-chain privacy and programmability while maintaining high-throughput and instant transaction finality. Dusk Network is built upon these key innovations:
- Private-Proof-of-Stake implementation (Proof of Blind Bid)
- Consensus in three phases: Block Generation, Block Reduction and Block Agreement.
- ZeroCaf for fast, efficient and Bulletproof-friendly Elliptic Curve operations. ZeroCaf is an Elliptic Curve developed on the Ristretto scalar field.
- Implementation of Poseidon, a Zero Knowledge friendly hashing algorithm.
- Browser Nodes for Zero Knowledge verification.
- Zero Knowledge Virtual Machine architecture
- Instant Transaction Finality: Due to the properties of the Dusk Network consensus protocol transactions are final immediately after the completion of a block, aside from a negligible probability of a fork.
- Private Proof-of-Stake: Dusk Network’s consensus protocol, Segregated Byzantine Agreement ("SBA"), is powered by Proof of Blind Bid that enables Block Generators to stake anonymously.
- Decentralisation: By disincentivizing resource centralization from staking pools, smaller participants are encouraged to partake in the consensus.
- Replaceability: Consensus participants are chosen pseudo-randomly and independent of earlier outcomes.
Token Sale & Economics
- Project website: https://dusk.network/
- Project whitepaper: https://dusk.network/uploads/dusk-whitepaper.pdf
- Token sale start time: TBA
- Ticker: DUSK
- Token type: ERC-20 and BEP2
- Total hard cap: TBA
- Total supply: 500,000,000 DUSK
- Private sale token price: 1 DUSK = $0.0404
- Private sale allocation: 250,000,000 DUSK
Token Utility & Use Cases
- The DUSK token is used to stake and participate in the consensus.
- In addition, the DUSK token is used to pay for transactions, deploying dApps, and as gas. The token also serves as rewards for the consensus participants.
- DUSK can be traded for XSC-based tokens, both one-way and through atomic swaps.
- The DUSK token will be used for on-chain governance within XSC once it is released.
- In Dusk Network, block rewards are paid through an emission of DUSK defined in the protocol. The majority of all newly issued DUSK will be rewarded to consensus participants, while a minor portion will go to a technical development fund, creating an autonomous funding mechanism for the long term research and development.
Roadmap & Updates
- 2018 Q4
- Dusk restricted Devnet
- 2019 Q1
- Blind-bid Implementation
- 2019 Q2
- Private Testnet
- Confidential RegTech
- 2019 Q3
- Public Testnet Launch
- Release of Voucher Seeder, Block Explorer, and Alternative Transactional Model
- Release of Zero Knowledge Virtual Machine Architecture
- Deployment of Confidential Security Digitization
- 2019 Q4
- Release of Zero knowledge Virtual Machine integration
- Release of GUI wallet
- Release of Regulator API
- Mainnet Launch
- Integration with Security Trading Venues
- Issuance on XSC
- dApp deployment
- Implement space efficiency - block compression
- 2020 Q1
- Research Horizontal Scalability - Network partitioning
- Implement P2P ZK channel engine
CipherBlade - CipherBlade is a cybersecurity firm that deals with on-chain analytics and secure company infrastructure. CipherBlade advises Dusk on their digital infrastructure and key security considerations for tech design.
BlockVenture Coalition - BlockVenture Coalition is the world’s largest blockchain university network. The BVC allows for Dusk to effectively tap into the cutting edge blockchain research coming out of the university scene. Dusk’s partnership with the BVC will allow for the exploration of a PhD program, expansion of strategic hiring, and referral of top developers to the Dusk ecosystem.
Watson Law - Watson Law is a blockchain legal studio. Dusk and Watson have created legal frameworks for security token issuance and trading. Watson also is featured as a crucial design partner for creating Dusk's compliance frameworks. Characteristics like fork resistance, settlement finality, and digital signatures were defined and developed together.
The Reserve - The Reserve is a boutique investment bank and strategy consulting firm specialized in structuring the financing of emerging technologies. The Reserve is leveraging Dusk for the tokenization of securities and to facilitate private and compliant asset issuance and trading.
- Dusk Network is used to register, issue and trade digital securities. Real-time settlement finality is a requiremen… https://t.co/S9cPJj9ceM
- Scaling our A-Team; Welcome Kristoffer Ström! Together with Victor Lopez, Kristoffer Ström will be readying the ze… https://t.co/4JbhjDfTtp
- Thanks to @SwitcheoNetwork for listing $Dusk. We are now available on https://t.co/I17shya5Rb
- We had a blast shooting the team introduction video part 2, stay tuned for its release! #Dusk #team… https://t.co/hqbqm2StQZ
- Thanks to @STOSearch for the interview with @DeVermetele. Covering the need for privacy within security token block… https://t.co/w69ncuySwj
- The term permissionless blockchain relates to the consensus. If any node can participate in the consensus at any mo… https://t.co/09wItGqFFu
- Last team introduction video was a grand success, and we are about to shoot another! Post the questions you'd love… https://t.co/WBXzgOX5qe
- [DUSK Community Campaign Results] We thank everyone for participating in our community campaign and are happy to an… https://t.co/Tco7ULcshS
- [Interview] @CryptoGurus1 x @DeVermetele talking about our privacy-oriented, scalable blockchain focused on securit… https://t.co/FSjFn8xwpR
- Scaling our A-team; Welcome Victor Lopez! Victor has plenty of Rust experience, is committed to the open-source ph… https://t.co/yTrpEIrcZ1