Contentos is a blockchain protocol that aims to form the foundation for a decentralized digital content ecosystem that empowers all members, including creators, consumers, and advertisers, to earn fair compensation for their contributions. Contentos also intends to establish itself as the future Ethereum of digital content, accepting content DApps of all kinds.
Problems & Solutions
- Unverifiable digital assets: In the current digital content ecosystem, it is difficult to validate the copyright of digital assets, as it is not easy to trace the flow of copyright information across multiple independent platforms. Unfortunately, these challenges lead to frequent copyright disputes, especially for derivative works.
- Non-transparent industry pricing and uneven revenue distribution: On centralized platforms, creators are pushed to the industry sideline and cannot reach consumers and advertisers directly. What’s more, the content and advertising pricing is not publicly disclosed, resulting in a lack of transparency that disempowers creators. Payment channels and platforms take a huge portion of users’ income, while advertising revenue is centrally-controlled by platforms, with only a small portion of it going back to content creators.
- Users' true interest cannot be satisfied with current platform algorithm: Centralized platforms distribute traffic based on revenue drivers, a system which fails to offer a full picture of the value of content created by influencers. Because centralized platforms depend on ad revenue for survival, the creators that contribute most to advertising ROI are rewarded handsomely while emerging creators are ignored. Such a system leads to homogenization and lower quality content.
- Flawed credit system: User engagement data in centralized ecosystems are not transparent. Users are not held accountable for fake comments causing the credibility of the rating system to gradually decline. Violations and poor behaviors are often not tracked across platforms, and errant users are rarely penalized for their actions.
Verification, trade, and storage of non-physical property rights through the Contentos protocol will enable quick and comprehensive access to copyright information. Trade flows and derivative works will be recorded permanently on the blockchain. Content creators will register their copyright and provide original content statements, authenticated, and traced with time stamps.
Decentralized distribution of revenue: In the Contentos ecosystem, pricing is transparent with the value of any contribution determined by artificial intelligence-based algorithms and recorded on the blockchain as public record.
Decentralized traffic distribution: The Contentos protocol decentralizes the distribution of traffic, thereby forming the foundation for a more democratic content ecosystem that supports emerging creators in finding and building an audience.
Immutable credit system: In the Contentos system, the interaction log cannot be tampered with, and so each user is held responsible for his or her own behavior. User credit will be based upon the quality of content, trustworthiness of user selections, and other relevant records. All revenue calculation algorithms in the ecosystem will incorporate this credit score. Users can improve their credit scores through demonstrating positive and honest behaviors, thereby earning more revenue and increasing their credibility. In this way, users collectively build a reliable, self-sustaining review system.
Features & Highlights
Intelligent content advertising: Smart contracts are used to facilitate advertiser payments to creators. Rewards are automatically distributed to the creator based on viewership and interaction data. A creator and advertiser can make agreements for additional compensation, or bonus incentives, if work exceeds expected results.
Direct value exchange: Users can pay creators directly through subscriptions, donations or virtual gifts, all executed automatically utilizing smart contracts. For example, creators can create exclusive content that can only be viewed a fixed number of times for subscribers. Through this type of empowerment, creators can more easily grow their viewer base, develop loyal followings, and increase their revenue.
Content selling: Contentos enables the sale of content within the platform between creators. For instance, a video creator may publish a soundtrack request and allow music creators to bid for involvement, just as a music producer may publish a 15-second soundtrack for purchase and use by a video creator. Profit sharing may also be achieved through smart contracts. Since all transactions are transparent, every creator understands his/her unique value within the ecosystem.
Token Sale & Economics
- Project website: https://www.contentos.io/
- Project whitepaper: https://www.contentos.io/subject/home/pdfs/white_paper_en.pdf?t=201906190001
- Token sale start time: TBA
- Ticker: COS
- Token type: ERC-20
- Total hard cap: TBA
- Total supply: 10,000,000,000 COS
Token Utility & Use Cases
Rewards for content creators for uploading original content.
Income for content distributors for recommending and matching the content to the target audience. If the users show that they like or dislike the content, or actively promote the content, they can be rewarded with tokens and credit score rewards in line with their contribution.
In addition to general interactive behaviors such as Liking, sharing, and commenting, users can also use COS to purchase virtual gifts for content creators to express enjoyment of content. For content creators, received virtual gifts can be converted back to COS after deducting the developer's share.
Users can use COS to purchase ownership of content, allowing creators to obtain larger, one-off payments.
Any developer who participates in and contributes to the Contentos public chain development can earn COS rewards regularly in the development phase in accordance with their contribution.
Roadmap & Updates
- TestNet v0.1 "Pangu": SABFT consensus mechanism & blockchain status monitoring & COS Transaction（TPS Testing）
- TestNet v0.2 "Mercury": User testing by introducing photo creator & game livestreaming communities. Release wallet SDK.
- TestNet v0.3 "Venus": Block Producer Election & Smart contract template & CET（Creation Enabling Token）
- TestNet v0.4 "Mars": User reputation system & Copyright authorization system
- TestNet v0.5 "Jupiter": The last TestNet version before the main launch
- Mainnet v1.0 "Home Planet": Migrate global content creators, users and products to the Contentos MainNet & Native COS token swap
Mick Tsai, Co-Founder & CEO. Mick has over 15 years software industry working experience, and is currently leading the Contentos foundation. With over 600 million potential global users and over 100,000 global creators, Contentos project aims to leverage blockchain technology to re-define the value of content for global creators. Before Contentos, Mick served as Sr. Product Director at LiveMe, the premier, and at Clean Master as Product Director in Cheetah Mobile and Sr. Development Manager in Trend Micro. Linkedin.
Zac Nien, VP of Product. Zac started his career at Trend Micro, the world-leading internet security company. With great passion for trending technology, he participated in various projects across PC software, websites, IoT, iOS, and Android apps. He also extends the enthusiasm from software engineering to product design and delivered promising results in top downloading apps such as Security Master. Zac currently works at Contentos Foundation, striving to create a better ecosystem for digital content world. Linkedin.
Ava Wen, VP of Marketing. Ava has many years of operational experience in the digital content & entertainment industry, and is keen to seek practical solutions to improve the content environment. Before joining Contentos Foundation, she served as senior manager of the marketing department of iQIYI Taiwan, the Operation Director of LiveMe Greater China, and the Vice President of Lang Live. Linkedin.
Peter Wei, VP of Engineering. Peter has worked as a software developer for over 13 years. He focused on mobile app technology, having experiences across feature phone, smartphone, and AI research. Peter served as PhotoGrid AI team leader in Leopard Mobile. He also used to work for multimedia applications as assistant manager in HTC and Sr. engineer in Foxconn. Linkedin.
Charles Fan, Advisor. Founder and CEO at MemVerge. Linkedin.
Hitters Xu, Advisor. Founder of Nebulas. Linkedin.
Ricky Ray Butler, Advisor. CEO at Branded Entertainment Network. Linkedin.
Bo Shao, Advisor. Chairman, Evolve.Foundation. Linkedin.
LiveMe - LiveMe is a streaming platform that has emerged from Cheetah Mobile, claiming a global reach of over 600 million active users. LiveMe secured 60 million USD in Series A funding from Matrix Partners China, IDG, EMC, and Gobi Venture Capital in April 2017. In November 2017, it secured another strategic investment of 50 million USD in Series B funding. Since its inception, LiveMe has completed two rounds of financing totaling 110 million USD. With the app installed in over 85 countries, with local operation teams and offices in U.S, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, the Middle East, Brazil, Indonesia, India, Vietnam, and other countries. LiveMe has more than 50 million users and its annual revenue has reached more than USD 100 million.
Cheez - Cheez is the newest short-video app released by LiveMe in September 2017. Within a mere three months, it has already garnered much attention in iOS trending searches for the U.S. and Google Play top 10 lists, thus validating the extensive experience of the overseas operations team.
Cheetah Mobile - Cheetah Mobile is a premier Chinese internet company in with its products covering more than 200 countries, and its global users surpassing 3 billion. Its monthly active users have reached over 600 million, among which 75.4% are from overseas. The company’s core application Clean Master is the world’s leading cleaner & booster tool for Android devices.
Ontology - Ontology is a high-performance public blockchain project & a distributed trust collaboration platform.
YeeCall - YeeCall's features including voice call, video call, instant messaging, etc. only consume data, (approximately 300KB per minute for voice call). Video call consumes more data hence it is recommended to use video call only with WIFI or with a sufficicient data plan.
Loopring - With Loopring, traders have complete control of their crypto-assets. This means there is no need to go through the risky and bothersome process of depositing money to centralized/custodial exchanges.
Nebulas - Nebulas is a next-generation public blockchain, aiming for a continuously improving ecosystem. Based on its blockchain valuation mechanism, Nebulas proposes future-oriented incentive and consensus systems, and the ability to self-evolve without forking.
- @cryptocom https://t.co/ZTpKcahGv8
- Can’t wait for Contentos to be trading on @cryptocom 's new exchange! https://t.co/n57GluWJHE
- What genre of videos would you like to watch on https://t.co/TjYXETNpNN
- @duong0971288920 Hi @duong0971288920 ,or you can upload your videos on https://t.co/TjYXETNpNN
- 3/ #COSblockchain101 To solve the inefficiency we mention above, Contentos invented saBFT to achieve consistency &… https://t.co/soLDjvUBJX
- 2/ #COSBlockchain101 For most blockchain projects, transactions are executed 1 by 1 in serialized, which is a waste… https://t.co/JoTfdaG6Vk
- 1/ #COSBlockchain101 The transaction fee is the key to how most projects avoid spam attacks. However, #Contentos ha… https://t.co/alZmIxH1zV
- Highlights of our 3rd round Voters Reward 📌The average weekly ROI is 5.36% (Annualized ROI: 280%) 📌Maximum annuali… https://t.co/eLQPHFwhKB
- @thlima15 Hi @thlima15, can you please dm our admin here: https://t.co/bDrXwfihRK
- Fans were drawn to GiYongPark, Winner of #COSweLoveSing, after his heartfelt performance at the iHeart Theather！… https://t.co/ZdEEMNY64Q