Conflux is the first also the only public blockchain system till now ，which can achieve high TPS without sacrificing decentralization or safety. By delicately combining its unique and advanced algorithm with a novel structure——Tree Graph (TG), Conflux makes consensus no longer a performance bottleneck, which can solve a series of problems in the landing industrialization of public chains. Currently, in its first stage, Conflux adopts the PoW (Proof of Work) mechanism as the basis of its consensus.
Features & Highlights
- Consensus Protocol
- We present a fast and scalable DAG-based Nakamoto consensus protocol and its prototype implementation, Conflux, to optimistically process concurrent blocks while lazily reconciling the transaction total order from an agreed block total order. Conflux novelly maintains two different kinds of relationships between generated blocks to safely incorporate contributions from concurrent blocks into its ledger.
- Conflux Implementation
- We present a prototype implementation of Conflux based on the Bitcoin core codebase . To the best of our knowledge, Conflux is the first blockchain system that uses a DAG-based Nakamoto consensus protocol and that can process thousands of transactions per second.
- Experimental Results
- We present a systematic large-scale evaluation of Conflux. Our results show that, when running with up to 20k full nodes, Conflux can achieve the transaction throughputs of 2.88GB/h and 5.76GB/h and confirm transactions with high confidence in 4.5-13.8 minutes.
- By adopting an scalability consensus mechanism and safely retaining fork blocks, Conflux realized a high throughput rate of 3000-6000 TPS in our real-network testing.
- From anti-double spend attack protection (consensus-level) to contract code proofreading (application-level), Conflux’s advanced technology provides strong protection in all aspects and all levels of the system.
- Conflux will use blockchain oracle in combination with cryptographic tools to realize powerful features such as external data feeding and confidential data control, which can greatly increase the versatility of Conflux’s application.
Token Sale & Economics
Roadmap & Updates
- February 2018
- Project Launch
- May 2018
- Prototype Implementation and Internal Test-net Launch
- July 2018
- Private-round Investment
- Q1 2019
- Public Test-net Launch
- Q3 2019
- Main-net Launch
- Q1 2020
- Extensible Smart-contract Network Upgrade
Fan Long - Co Founder - Fan Long, An Assistant Professor at University of Toronto. He graduated from Tsinghua University Yao Class, and he holds Ph.D of Computer Science from MIT. His research interests include systems security, programming language, and blockchain. He is a recipient of ACM SIGSOFT Outstanding Dissertation Award and MIT Best Dissertation Award. He has more than 20 publications on top computer science conferences with more than 1000 citations. He was also a competitive programmer. He won gold medals twice in International Olympiad of Informatics (2005, 2006), and ACM-ICPC Programming Contest regional championship.
Andrew Chi-Chih Yao - Chief Scientist - Professor Yao is a world-renowned computer scientist. He is recipient of the Turing Award in 2000 for his fundamental contributions to the theory of computation, including the complexity-based theory of pseudorandom number generation, cryptography, and communication complexity. He is an academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, a foreign member of the US National Academy of Sciences. He is a Professor and Dean of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Sciences at Tsinghua University. Andrew is the Chief Scientist of the Conflux Chain Foundation and will lead the theoretical design of the Conflux protocol.
Wei Xu - Research Scientist - Wei Xu, Assistant Professor and Assistant Dean of the Institute of Interdisciplinary Information Science(IIIS), Tsinghua University. He is also the Associate Dean of the Institute of Financial Technology of Tsinghua University and Director of the Blockchain Research Center. Professor Wei Xu’s research interests focus on cross-disciplinary research in distributed systems and machine learning. He obtained his Master and and Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from University of California, Berkeley. He was advised by Professor David Patterson, winner of the 2017 Turing Award. He holds a bachelor's degree in computer science from the University of Pennsylvania (he also spent two years in the Department of Computer Science at Tsinghua University). He has won Faculty Research Awards from Google and IBM, Graduate Student Advising Award and Top-Performance Employee Award from Tsinghua University, and Beijing Teaching Pioneer Award. He has published more than 40 papers in top conferences in systems, networks, machine learning, and optical communications, etc. He won the DSN, APSys Best Paper Award. Prior to joining Tsinghua, he worked at Google headquarters and was responsible for R&D in infrastructure reliability.
Ming Wu - CTO - Ming Wu is the founding member of Conflux. Before joining the Conflux Team, Ming was a senior researcher at Systems Research Group in Microsoft Research Asia. He has extensive expertise in the design and implementation of distributed systems. He designed and implemented the large-scale and highly efficient distributed machine learning systems which were applied in Microsoft products. Dr. Ming Wu graduated from University of Science and Technology of China, and he obtained a Ph.D. in computer science from the Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Science in 2007. Later in 2007, he joined Microsoft Research Asia. His main research interests and research directions involve distributed transaction processing systems, graph computing engines and artificial intelligence platforms. Dr. Ming Wu has published many papers in top conferences in computer system area, such as SOSP, OSDI, NSDI, ATC, EuroSys, SoCC, VLDB, etc. He has also served as Committee Member of OSDI, ASPLOS, HotDep, and MiddleWare, and he is the publication Chair of SOSP'17.
David Chow - Co Founder - David Chow graduated from Tsinghua University Yao Class. His research interests include networking, systems, and blockchain. David was a system architect at an industry-leading automated trading firm, where he designed and optimized the infrastructures for large scale high-frequency trading. He was a competitive programmer who won gold medal in International Olympiad of Informatics, and regional championship in ACM-ICPC competition Programming Contest.
Guang Yang - Research Director - David Chow graduated from Tsinghua University Yao Class and he received his Ph.D degree in Computer Science from IIIS at Tsinghua. After graduation, Guang did research at Aarhus University, Institute of Computing Technology Chinese Academy of Sciences, and Bitmain. His research interests include cryptography, game theory, and blockchain. He is a recipient of the CACR Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Award. He has published over 10 papers on top conferences in theory and cryptography, including CRYPTO, CCC, TCC, AAMAS, and ICML. He is also a math enthusiast (as an academic descendent of Leonhard Euler). He won a gold medal of the Chinese Mathematical Olympiad (2006).
Zhe Yang - Core System & Infrastructure Engineer - Zhe Yang graduated from Tsinghua University (he once studied at Yao Class, and later graduated from Department of Mathematics), and he published a paper at top computer theory conference CRYPTO when he was still a senior student at Tsinghua. After graduating from Tsinghua, Zhe worked at Hulu, Face++, and Google, and has more than 7-years extensive experience in P2P streaming, AI, CDN, and Engineering Productivity. Zhe Yang was a competitive programmer who won the gold medal in the National Olympiad of Informatics and regional championship in ACM-ICPC competition Program Contest.
Yangpei Liu - Core System & Infrastructure Engineer - Yanpei Liu graduated from the ACM Hornor Class of Shanghai Jiaotong University. Before joining the Conflux team, he was an investment analyst at Sequoia Capital China, where he was responsible for the analysis and investment of hard tech startups. Besides that, Yanpei is a competitive hacker. He was the finalist of Google Code Jam, Facebook Hackercup and ACM-ICPC World Finals (Gold Medal, Second Place and Asia Champion).
Chenxing Li - Algorithm Engineer/Researcher - Chenxing Li graduated from Yao Class, Tsinghua University. He is currently a Ph.D. student at the Institute of Interdisciplinary Information at Tsinghua University, advised by professor Andrew Yao. Chenxing's research interests include: applied cryptography and blockchain consensus algorithm. He has won the bronze medals of Yao Award and the gold medals of the Chinese Mathematical Olympiad.
YuanJie Zhang - COO - YuanJie Zhang holds a BA from Fudan University, and MA from Brandeis University. Before joining the Conflux Team, Yuanjie worked at Huatai private fund of Funds, UNC endowment management company and Novus( fintech startup) in Wall Street. He has expertise in investments, capital markets and business operations. He helped the fundraising of Conflux, and he is in charge of daily operation.
Jingnan Wang - VP - Jingnan Wang spent 7 years studying at Beijing Normal University, attaining both his bachler's and master's degree there. Before joining the Conflux Team, Jingnan worked at Hejun Consulting Group, Acer, and ZIFSC. He is an expert in government relationships and cooperation.
Quan Sun - Finance Manager - Quan is a well-qualified and diligent finance manager. She has experiences and proven accomplishments in building financial reporting system and controlling cash flow for start-up company. She is responsible for providing effective financial information to the management team, which could help the team make decisions based on company’s own business model and specialties. Sun Quan once worked at the financial management team of a leading investment bank in North America. She improved her leadership skills through cooperations with the team.
Yongling Shi - HR Manager - Yongling has many years HR experience in Internet and Blockchain industry. Before joining Conflux，she worked at Huobi.
- @TomoChainANN These are some excellent questions, thanks to all who participated! Only 4 more hours until the AMA,… https://t.co/2CC3ZZis5H
- New to Conflux? We got you Check out the video below to learn about Conflux 101 #Blockchain #Webinar… https://t.co/JK6RfLbK6Y
- Conflux AMA Series Presents: @KardiaChain Where Eric the chairman spoke about Blockchain Adoption in #Vietnam Find… https://t.co/0BDf3IoHdQ
- Tomochain AMA & Giveaway 🎊 We are welcoming @TomoChainANN Community Manager Linh on Aug. 22 at 7 PM CST for an AMA… https://t.co/ZQDt7KavSf
- Our Mascot #ConFi joins us once again, this time with his entire alien family~ #ConFi sits down with his parents a… https://t.co/6a8nVn8A1V
- #Conflux is hosting speakers from @Triaslab and @HOXdotcom to open up discussion between #Digital Economy and… https://t.co/aPoouvrIpP
- Hosted @eric_hungnguyen from @KardiaChain to do an AMA with several of our WeChat community last night, where we we… https://t.co/YUzvwGw8a5
- Talking Staking in South East Asia - A recap of our #Vietnam meetup co-hosted with @TomoChainANN and @HashkeyHub G… https://t.co/Hd35znP9dG
- Dr. Guang Yang, our Research Director, just published "How to Motivate Miners to Synchronize Their Transaction Pool… https://t.co/RtoGBZbIvI
- So great to have @TokenInsight to join us in our office, where we had an extensive discussion about topics such as… https://t.co/7mf0UjUvWl
- Conflux AMA Series Presents: KardiaChain
- Talking Staking in South East Asia
- How to motivate miners to synchronize their transaction pools
- Conflux Bi-weekly Update (23/7/19–5/8/19)
- Conflux AMA Series Presents: Matic
- Conflux Bi-weekly Update (9/7/19–22/7/19)
- We are Young
- Conflux’s One-Year Anniversary — Looking back and ahead
- TEEX x Conflux:Leveraging Trusted Computing to Construct Privacy-preserved and Scalable…
- Conflux Co-Founder’s Chat with Facebook: They Picked A Boring Direction