A currency that fuels blockchain-backed platforms & products geared toward casual, mainstream consumers beginning with Socios.com
The project’s initial positioning as a digital currency alternative for sports & esports entertainment platforms offers it a solid foundation to capture mainstream level adoption. chiliZ’ ambition is not to become an ‘insider’s asset’ in the blockchain industry but rather to serve casual ‘non tech’ consumers across multiple industries.
Problems & Solutions
The current sports and esports environment offers - for the most part - only transactional ‘contact’ for fans. They pay for licensed products & watch their favourite line-ups compete in their favourite games. However, this is a passive endeavour as the fans have no influence over their favourite teams or players. While the appetite to ‘activate’ fans as influencers exists, current exploration into direct fan engagement, for example the ‘Fan Voice’ element of F1 or the digital FanBoost engagement of Formula E, has not left the realm of novelty.
Historically this has meant that unless you create your own team, there are almost no systems in place for influencing team decisions and there is no way to transition from fan to active participant. Gaining this voice through direct investment in a specific team is not an option for the vast majority of sports organisations. And even if it were, the barriers to entry for an average sports fan - time, funding, talent acquisition ability – are immense to the point of being insurmountable.
The Socios.com platform, powered by the Chiliz token – a team crowd-management system that empowers fans to take a meaningful, active hand in guiding various decision making and influencer events for their favourite professional sports and esports teams. This is made possible via the novel application of a scalable, blockchain-based Fan Token purchasing and utility infrastructure; brought to life through the secure, trustless deployment of tokenized voting rights and executed via smart contracts on the Socios.com platform.
This Chiliz-fueled blockchain solution turns team management into an entertainment proposition in its own right, gamifying voting rights into a trading & re-trading experience. Every fan’s voting decision will directly affect real-world sports and esports teams, as well as any other partnered organizations. Socios.com's fancontrolled teams can operate in both existing sports & esports infrastructures – competing independently in conventional events such as The Premiere League, La Liga, and etc. for football or Dreamhack, ESL and etc. for esports (as conceptual examples only) – or in new emerging sports entertainment environments.
Features & Highlights
Voting - Voting rights for fans via Fan Token-enabled smart contract executions
Fan Token Offerings - A democratic solution for fans to purchase first-offer Fan Tokens from newly introduced organizations on Socios.com
Fans who are in control of 1 or more Fan Tokens on Socios.com gain access to the Socios.com marketplace. Here fans can auction off the voting rights (Fan Tokens) they hold. This dynamic, gamified system allows users to leverage their ownership positions to exchange Fan Tokens for Chiliz at dynamic rates.
All sports and esports teams – independent or league-tied - operating in the Socios.com platform will debut with a specified, finite number of Fan Tokens tied to concrete voting rights. Fans who obtain voting rights by trading Chiliz tokens for Fan Tokens, gain a decision-making right for that team. Each vote is executed as a group of smart contracts, wherein fans leverage their ownership of Fan Tokens to ‘send’ them to various answers in a given pole. Once a certain engagement threshold is met, all voting results become valid, with all votes and vote results stored in Socios.com’s side blockchain for transparency.
Token Sale & Economics
Token Utility & Use Cases
The Chiliz ($CHZ) token, used by fans to acquire branded Fan Tokens from any team or organization partnered with the Socios.com platform and enact their voting rights as their fan influencers.
Roadmap & Updates
- Q2 2018
- Private Placement finished - $66 Million raised
- Q3 2018
- 1st functional demo of smart contract voting mechanisms & $CHZ to Fan Token transactions - Gamescom 2018
- Q4 2018
- First 2 football clubs on-boarded - PSG & Juventus | Moved into new offices to accommodate now 30+ person team
- Q1 2019
- Scaling up team across all departments & finalizing platform in preparation for soft launch
- Q2 2019
- Soft launch executed with initial crop of Fan Tokens going live for publicsale. Opening fan voting begins.
- Q4 2019
- First football season with Socios.comengaged teams kicks off. Teams from other sports verticals begin active on-boarding
- Q1 2020
- Achievement of onboarding goal for at least 5 sports verticals - top organizations across the competitive spectrum are live on Socios.com
- Q2 2020
- The Socios.com fan token economy now features teams across various sports which rank from multiple tiers of popularity and competition.
- Q3 2020
- Adoption push for the Chiliz ($CHZ) token as a transactional mechanism to 3rd party platforms becomes a larger key business focus.
Binance - Binance is an international cryptocurrency exchange platform and the largest of its kind - by trading volume - in the world. Acting as more than an exchange enabler, Binance actively works to promote regulated cryptocurrency exchange and adoption across global markets and supports emerging projects.
OK Blockchain Capital - Blockchain consultation and technology support arm of OKex, one of the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges. OK Blockchain Capital focuses on helping promising initiatives in their space raise capital, while providing operational & marketing guidance as well as access to their exchange platform.
Ceyuan Ventures - A top-tier venture capital firm focused on exploring emerging technologies. Ceyuan Ventures was an early investor in OKex & continues to actively work to help finance and propel established blockchain projects forward. The company was founded by Bo Feng.
- Have you reached $100 $CHZ volume yet?👀 https://t.co/ISJZ9FZj1Q
- RT @Brekousin: Match day! ⚽️❤️ @socios https://t.co/O5ZMtnIQt6
- 👋 Meet Karen, the Head of Product at Chiliz! #MeetTheTeam 🌶️ https://t.co/GCyyGYDAMU
- RT @rektzero: Probably the best usecase for token assets out there. @Chiliz and @socios will be huge.🌏⚡️ $CHZ https://t.co/6qW9NX4vEH
- RT @socios: Learn all you need to know about https://t.co/2FROhSNgw8
- .@alex_dreyfus' AMA with @Binance_Turkish starting now 👌 https://t.co/J9itXilOi7
- RT @LuisFValle: Thank you @socios and @Chiliz. https://t.co/z1TA2CE2wt
- @Salem_Antipas @binance @TrustWalletApp All details are provided here: https://t.co/RTPtaNb6kU
- Have you reached 15,000 $CHZ trading volume on @binance yet?🤔 https://t.co/e9CvnmUTHM
- RT @binance: .@Chiliz Trading Competition - $50,000 in $CHZ, With 6 VIP @atleti Match Tickets to Give Away! https://t.co/FQmfprvXf5